Monday, July 14, 2008

Mancat Monday



There is me demonstrating a cute manly mancat sleeping pose. The green blankie is my favorite.

As for my health, I continue to worry the easily worried mommy. I ate a bit more last night, not as much as I do when I am not nauseous, but enough, about 1/2-3/4 of a 5.5 ounce can in total for the day. I am a big mancat though, so I should eat a little bit more than that. I also did not come up to sleep with Mommy and Daddy last night. Maybe I was mad that they stabbed me with Zofran yesterday to try to get me to eat. Sometimes I do this when I'm feeling OK, but I don't come upstairs a lot more when I'm sick. The good news is, I was meowing and running around this morning demanding breakfast, but mommy didn't give me any since it was a kemo day. Neither did daddy. And now Mommy has the PTU out, which means it's time to go to kemo land, which means TIME TO HIDE! I will post tonight how my visit went. It's a day stay, so it will probably be 12 hours or so until I post the update. Purr me luck!!

-Texas

UPDATE: I am home now. I had my chemo today, the doxorubicin, the not fun stuff that makes my tummy real grumpy. They gave me a new nausea medicine to try, Cerenia.

My hematocrit (how anemic I am or am not) and my weight are both exactly the same as last week. Mommy was hoping at the least my hematocrit woulda went up, since I didn't have kemo last week if it went up that woulda indicated that the kemo makes my red blood cells go down and not something else, but at least my hematocrit did not go down. The doctors still say I am in remission and don't think anything is wrong with me other than the side effects of the chemo right now. The bad news is mommy was CONFUSED, and I have to go back in 2 weeks, not 3 weeks, for my next chemo, and then I go to every other week. Mommy thought when they said I get 2 weeks off that they meant I go back in 3 weeks, but she miss understood. I just got home a few minutes ago, but I've already eaten almost the entire half a can mommy gave me. I seem to be doing well right now. Back to eating. Nom, nom, nom!

15 comments:

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We will be purring for you Texas.~Socks, Scylla & Charybdis

Anonymous said...

I hope your chemo day goes well Texie, good luck!

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

We are purring and purraying for you Texas ... we hope your treatment goes well today. Hang in there furriend! And thank you so, so much for the award, our Momma will be posting it soon!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

The Meezers or Billy said...

we hopes your chemo goes well Texas!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

We will purr and purr and purr for you Texas....

Purrs
Abby
Boo
Ping
Jinx
and Gracie

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Texas, I am glad you are up and running around. I am sorry that you have to go back in though. Purrs.

LZ said...

I'm very sorry you aren't feeling well. My Woman says that Zofran stuff is AMAZING. When she had surgery she couldn't stop yakking and that stuff turned it right off. Anyhow, feel better!

Chase

Forty Paws said...

Hang in there bud...

Luf, Us

Tybalt said...

I'm purring for you, buddy! I've got my paws crossed that all goes well for you today.

Kellykat said...

Hey Texas! We are all purring for you. Hope your day continues to go well.
-Stryder, Scotchy, Sugar & Meowmy

TabbyNormal said...

Hi Texas! My mom and I are so happy to hear that you are in remission.

My favorite way of trying to persuade them to feed me is to hang out by my food bowl, and I roll and mew when they walk by. It doesn't work often, but I remain hopeful.

The Island Cats said...

Hi Texas,
We're glad your chemo visit went well. And we're happy to hear that you are in remission (we're not sure what that means but Mom says that's a good thing!).

Wally, Ernie & Zoey

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

We are purring that you don't feel too bad after your chemo. Glad to see you ate lots!!! Go find a nice place for a nap.

Purrs, Shade and Goldie

Castle said...

Hey Texie..glad the chemo seems to have gone well! Great news bout your levels staying the same too. Stormie never got around to trying the Cerenia, I think the vet was keeping that up his sleeve in case the metaclopramide ever stopped working as he did mention it to us as something we could try... Stormie got tired though and her strength was zapped, as you know, plus the metaclopramide did work right up until the end anyway and we didn;t want to 'rock the boat' with new drugs. From all accounts cerenia is very effective.

i have tagged you for a MeMe my friend...xxx

The Crew said...

Look at it this way -- you get to eat for 2 weeks!

Oh BTW, congratz on your awards!