Thursday, July 31, 2008

MeMe!

Before I do the meme, I just wanted to let you know that my secretary mombean FINALLY posted the other contestants from the contest TWO WEEKS AGO. Sheesh, what a slow mom bean. Oh, and please vote on how often you want the contest to be. The voter thingy is on the right hand side of this bloggy. We are thinking of scaling back the frequency of the contest because we aren't getting quite as many submishions as we would like. We are still expecting to run a contest tomorrow though if we get enough submissions, so remember to send your submissions to fractiouscat at gmail dot com.

I's been tagged by The Island Cats to do the Unspectacular Quirks meme.

The rules: Link to the one who tagged you. List the rules on your blog. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours. Tag some blogger friends with links. Leave a comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been tagged.

My first quirk is that I am a Trainable Cat. My first trick is that I can give high-fives. I will do them without treats too, but Mom and Dadbean generally don't do that. So whenever they give me treats now, I get so excited I start giving them high-five. Here is a video for your enjoyment.



Another quirk is that I "fish". This is what roommate D calls it. I take my dry food, swirl it around in my water bowl, and eat it. Unfortunately, mommy just got this video camera recently, and since starting chemo I don't like to eat dry much. If I decide to fish again, mom said she'll put a video up for everyone to see.

Still have four more quirks to go. Hmm...
3. I like to sleep in a giant potato chip box
4. Whenever the harness is put on me to go outside I zoom around the room in reverse, even though I have gotten used to the harness. After zooming and crashing for a minute, I am ready to be carried outside and only once carried outside do I get interested in exploring the outside.
5. I am deathly afraid of cars. Mom says this is a Very Good Thing. Even hearing one from far away scares me a little. But when the neighbor pulls into the driveway next door, I get so scared I zoom up to the porch and drag mom or dad behind me as if I was a giant Woofie or something.
6. I am not even a little bit scared of even Giant REALLY LOUD thunderstorms.

I's tagging Abby the Tabby, Castle and Parker for this meme.

10 comments:

Parker said...

::Clap, Clap, Clap!:
Guess what!?! I high five too!
Thanks for the tag!
Smooches!

Chance said...

Gud job Texas! I donna noes any twiks cuz Mommie iz too lazee ta teech me. I donna mynd doh cuz dat jus meens she doesna bother mai nappies az much. Hehehe. Hey I gavs yoo a cool awardie. Chek owt mai bloggy.

Chrissie said...

It's cool you've got your beans trained to give you treats when you raise your paw..kind of like a king, you know..you lift your paw in a majestic, indolent wave, and they stuff food in your mouth! I like it!
I hope you'll feel like fishing again, soon, Texas.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

That is very good.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is a good trick! I wonder if I did that if my beans would give me more treats?
So far I can catch paper wads.
I will have to try high fiving!
~Zander
P.S. Wikipedia bites to get a treat out our beans hand but I don't think that is a trick.

The Island Cats said...

Wow! That's pretty good, Tex! We are impressed with your high 5!!

Wally, Ernie & Zoey

The Florida Furkids said...

Pretty cool that you can high five! You're very smart to be afraid of cars too!!!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

ps - we just sent a photo for the Funny Picture Friday Contest!

Sweet Purrfections said...

Neat high five! How can you be scared of the noise of the cars and not of the loud thunder? Go figure.

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Great job with the high five!!! I don't do anything so spectacular! Did you get to eat those chips before you got to make a bed in the box? :::drool:::

Purrs Goldie

The Cat Realm said...

My internet crashed yesterday when I was posting a comment - it looks like it didn't get through...
I was telling you that I sleep in a Mason jar box! And that Anastasia was JUST like you with the # 5 and 6!
I think that was what I was telling you.....
And I submitted myself in your funny picture contest!
I am taking over The Cat Realm!!! That's what Karl gets when he goes on safari without me...
Mrs. OZ